SolarDew’s is Dutch company which has developed solar desalination products provide clean drinking water from saline water for families and communities
Water scarcity currently affects 700 million people and many lack access to drinking water. By 2030 4 billion people will be affected! People in rural communities from Latin America to South East Asia are left behind due to a lack of cost-effective small-scale drinking water solutions, especially in areas where their traditional sources have become saline or too contaminated (ex. arsenic, fluoride, heavy metals, etc) to drink.
People need a product that is simple, affordable, robust and easy to use. SolarDew's products provide thier customers with the following advantages:
1. High quality drinking water from biologically, chemically contaminated, brackish or saline sources.
2. Low Water Price especially at the household level - less than US$0.02 per liter (OPEX + CAPEX)
3. Sustainable and independent – solar power is extremely suitable for off grid communities
4. Simple, reliable and robust – contains no electrical or mechanical parts
5. Low maintenance - thanks to a proprietary membrane with high fouling resistance.
SolarDew’s products provide people with a permanent source of drinking water. Allowing them to directly purify their local ground water thus becoming more independent and healthier, whilst saving time and money.